Mr. Belson assists biopharma clients throughout the drug development process, from drug discovery through late-stage clinical trials:
- Drug Discovery – Assists companies in setting up R&D collaborations with universities, research institutions and private companies to identify new drug leads.
- Lead Optimization – Helps clients set up agreements with medicinal chemistry companies and researchers to optimize drug candidates which show promise in early bioassays.
- Pre-clinical testing – Advises companies with pre-clinical effectiveness, manufacturing and toxicology research; regularly negotiates agreements with testing laboratories.
- Manufacturing: Negotiates and advises clients on complex manufacturing agreements; process development projects; and agreements involving manufacturing of active ingredients, and formulation of finished products along with packaging and transportation and raw material supplies.
- Clinical Trials: Belson has been the sole or primary legal adviser on multiple clinical drug trials, including Phase 3 studies.
- Diverse Therapeutic Area Experience: Belson’s experience covers numerous therapeutic areas, including oncology, rare genetic disorders, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, neurological disorders and treatment of addictions.
- Cutting Edge Technologies – Belson’s experience covers some of the most cutting-edge areas of science and medicine, including precision medicine, gene therapy, CAR-T cells and biomarker discovery.